It just now hit me that I rocked this day. I didn’t set out to get much done, considering the way it started…
Last night, my youngest had a 2.5 hour coughing fit just after going to bed. I sat up with him then when he finally settled down and fell asleep I stayed up for another hour just to be sure he was ok. And to watch U2 on Letterman.
Went to bed around 12:45am, got some good sleep, but I was awoken by my husband at 5:30 as he headed out the door for a business trip. Took me about a half hour to get back to sleep…
Just in time for my iPhone to ding, a text from the high school letting me know it was a “normal schedule” day. Seriously. The phone call reporting same came about 5 minutes later.
Dozed a little again but not very soundly, rolled over and daylight from Pat’s open shade shocked me awake again. Fifteen minutes later the alarm went off. I should have turned it off, since I had no intention of sending T to school after he was coughing all night.
Spent the next hour dozing on and off but really didn’t get much more sleep. Finally caved and got up. Expected to spend the day in a haze and I pretty much did till around 11am. But suddenly I had a power surge and managed to:
- file my taxes
- fix a couple minor issues for a client
- figure out T is fine, no cough, no fever, just a day off from school…
- get my new landing page at banannie.com updated
- work my way down to inbox zero
- get a load of T’s clothes done so he has clean pants to wear tomorrow
- get a start on a new site layout
- finish editing and uploading the first episode of the new podcast Pat & I are doing, Basement Vinyl
Not bad for a day I thought would end up wasted.
What I haven’t done is spend much time catching up with what other people are up to. Feel like I’ve been in a cave.
But I’m shutting down the macbook, and chillin in front of the dvr for a few hours. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.